TMM – Week 1 (Pt. 2) . . . Again

My naming scheme for restarting these MM posts are so original, ya know?

I actually woke up 5 minutes before my alarm went off today! But then I climbed back into bed after getting my phone and didn’t wake up until 7:30. I could’ve sworn that I put my alarm on snooze after it went off, but I guess I turned it off instead. I should wake up when it goes off the first time, anyway. At least, that’s what (part of) my goal is.

Here's an example of the style of abstract stuff I've done in the past -- though a majority of the time it was on some scrap paper or in my notes. I think this is probably on some printer paper.

Here’s an example of the style of abstract stuff I’ve done in the past — though a majority of the time it was on some scrap paper or in my notes. I think this is probably on some printer paper.

I recently something called Zentangle — I was at Michaels earlier this week and came across a section of books on it. On the official website for it, Zentangle is “an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns”. The way it’s elaborated on, it basically sounds like an alternative way to meditate. I’ve doodled in the past in a similar way, where I just zone out and let my hand draw whatever abstract stuff it wants, but I like the appeal of this in that you use simple, repetitive strokes to build into a complex pattern. In any case, I bought an ebook on it from Amazon and look forward to trying it out, but I think my sketchbook might still be packed up in one of the few boxes that hasn’t yet been unpacked from my move last summer. I’m not exactly sure where my sketching/drawing/art pencil bag is, either, though I’m pretty sure that’s been unpacked and has just been shoved away somewhere that I don’t remember.

Today I woke up at 7 when Chris got home. I apparently forgot to turn my phone off of vibrate yesterday after I got off of work, and I keep my phone in the kitchen now, so I didn’t hear it at all. At first I thought something might’ve gone wrong with my phone/alarm since I know I didn’t turn that alarm off. And I *always* know when my alarm goes off if the ringer is on, since Toto howls whenever he hears it.

My new set of knitting needles came in today. I forgot to mention that on Wednesday, Remi the Terrorist got into my bag of yarn and made a mess of them all over the apartment while Chris was working in the garage downstairs. He chewed up the circular needles that I was using to knit a sock, but luckily, he didn’t pull out the cable holding the stitches so the sock is still intact. I also have to knit Chris’s mom a beanie/hat; I told her I would make her one for Christmas when she visited for Thanksgiving, and we bought a ball of yarn for it, but now I can’t seem to find it. We’ll be visiting Chris’s family the week after next, so I want to get it done before we leave. At least that project shouldn’t take more than an afternoon. I’d heard that knitting socks is “quick and easy” or something like that, but so far it hasn’t seemed that way to me. Maybe I’m just used to working with a bulkier yarn that works up quickly.

In any case, it’s time to leave for lab, so off I go!

I actually woke up at 6 today! And Chris and I started the morning off intending to be productive, but we ran into some bumps. Our plan this morning was to get Chris a new phone and set up a joint bank account, but getting a new phone turned out to be a little bit more difficult than expected, since he needed to go to a specific Verizon retailer in order to get his upgrade. We ended up not finishing up with that until around 11 (we left at nine, but apparently Verizon stores don’t usually open until 10 anyway). We tried to get a joint bank account open, but when we got there, all the bankers were occupied; we waited for 20 minutes before finally getting fed up and leaving.

Well, here’s to hoping the rest of the day is a bit more productive.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15